Welcome to Barbee's Blog!
A Window On My World

This is not a daily blog.
Posts will be published on occasion and irregularly as I am able.
Some of these posts are from my web site The Garden At Crocker Croft.
Barbee's Little Shop Is the sales branch of my blog and web site. divider

Saturday, February 07, 2015

Free Warm Hat

I know. I haven't posted in what seems like eons. It took this cute hat to shake me loose.

The drama leading to this surprising change involves myofascia pain, plus an escalating allergy to wool.

For a few decades I have depended heavily on a certain brown wool hat that was of the up-most importance to my comfort. Other wool hats were worn on trial bases, but none of them fit well enough to meet needs. I lost the good one once in a large medical center and went into a panic until someone turned it in to the lost-and-found desk where I shakily, almost tearfully, retrieved it. Gloom descended recently when I realized my constant sneezing, dripping nose and red itching eyes were a reaction to the little brown hat. I had to resort to wearing a washable, cotton kerchief which makes me look like the old grandma that I am. "Kerchief", as in: "And ma in her kerchief, and I in my cap, Had just settled down for a long winter’s nap." (from poem "The Night Before Christmas" by Clement Clarke Moore)

Today, I came across this blog post about the giveaway of a cute, warm-looking hat. I will enter the contest in hopes of winning, and if so, hope it will suit my needs well enough that I can retire the granny kerchief. If not, I hope that I may be on the cutting edge of a new fad: "cozy kerchiefs"!

How do you like her hats? Reminds me of the flapper era.
The free giveaway hat:


More hats (for sale) CLICK HERE

I wear my hair severely short so this style should work well for me.

Thank you for stopping by. Maybe I will start posting again. I don't know...

6 comments:

Cozy Home Scenes said...

Thanks so much for blogging and adding my contest to your sidebar. Very sorry that you've been dealing with so much, but I'm glad you figured out that your old hat was causing some of your discomfort. Just wanted to let you know that I saw all your entries, so you now have 3 chances to win a new one. Good luck!

JGH said...

Hi Barbee - it was nice to see your name pop up in my Google Reader today! I know I haven't visited you in awhile but I've never forgotten your kindness and encouragement when I first started blogging a few years ago! Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with some pain - hope that is in the past.

When I met my husband I had a burgundy velvet beret that he still talks about . "That little hat you used to wear" Well, it's long gone and I don't even have a photo of myself in it. There's something to be said of taking photos in your favorite clothes.

I hope you win the contest!!

Balisha said...

Hello Barbee...Hope you win the hat. If you do, be sure to snap a picture of yourself wearing it. It does remind me of the "flapper era"
Do you do the Charleston? :)
So good to read a post from you. I do hope that you continue once in a while...Have a nice weekend. Balisha

Cinj said...

I know what you mean Barbee. I haven't posted or blog hopped in eons. I spend way too much time keeping busy with other things nowadays. That hat is very cut, I hope you win it! If you don't maybe I could make you one. They aren't as warm as that one looks, but I've gotten pretty good with my knifty knitters. One of these days I'll figure out how to properly crochet a hat so I can make a tighter weave.

Titania said...

Hi Barbee, I hope you win the hat, and when you wear it you will be a very "cool" grandma, as my grandson said when I bought myself a pair of snazzy glasses.
I wish you well, T.
(See, dear Barbee you are not forgotten and still visited from time to time.)

Barbee' said...

Now if you all aren't the sweetest! Delightful comments! Thank you.